Tips to Repair Your Wildwood, MO Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
When it comes to air conditioning and heat pump repair, you’ll typically want to hire a professional. These are complex systems with plenty of moving parts. When one component fails, it can cause hidden issues elsewhere. A trained HVAC technician knows how best to troubleshoot the system. However, today let’s talk about the minor repairs you may perform at home.
Air Conditioning Repair Tips
If your air conditioning unit fails, here’s a few things to try:
- Check the Breaker – If the unit does not activate at all, the breaker may have tripped. It happens more than you’d think. A quick check of the breakers could save you money and time.
- Thermostat – Next, check the thermostat. If your thermostat is battery-operated, it may be time to swap out the old batteries for new ones. Be sure the thermostat is set for an ideal temperature that’s below current room temperature.
- Air Filters – For the best results you must consistently clean or change the air filter depending on type, and that’s once a month. A dirty air filter can clog an air conditioning system altogether.
Heat Pump Repair Tips
Like an air conditioning system, a heat pump has numerous parts working in tandem. Some quick repair tips are:
- Thermostat – Your thermostat must be properly set – to Heat if you want heat, for example. Was the thermostat recently replaced? The wrong model may have been installed, as it must be a thermostat specifically for a heat pump.
- Electrical – If your heat pump has electrical elements, the circuit breakers or fuses may have tripped or blown.
- Power – Finally, the heat pump requires power to operate. First check the two circuit breakers for the unit, then check that the power switches are turned on – either on the nearby wall or inside the air handler cabinet.
Schedule air conditioning repair or maintenance in Wildwood, MO with McQuerry’s 24 HR Heating & Air. Call 636-225-0087 today.