How to Install a Thermostat in Your Home
Install a Thermostat in Your Home
If you want to keep your home at a comfortable temperature and save money, it is important that you make sure your HVAC system is working properly. At McQuerry’s 24-Hour Heating & Air, we provide you with great maintenance and installation services to fit your needs. We can even teach you how to install a thermostat in your home so that you can control the temperature day and night.
12 Steps to Installing a Thermostat
Here are some easy steps on
how to install a thermostat:
Whether you need help with
- Turn off the power at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the old thermostat by detaching the old wires.
- Remove the wall plate.
- Pay attention to where the old wires were connected to the thermostat.
- Make sure the wires do not fall back into the wall.
- Position the new base onto the wall and put the wires through it.
- Mount the base onto the wall.
- Hook up the wires to the new thermostat.
- Secure the thermostat onto the wall plate.
- Turn on the power from the circuit breaker.
- Activate the new thermostat and make sure it works.
- Program your new thermostat using your manual.
how to install a thermostat in your home or you require our expert St. Louis, MO HVAC service for maintenance or repair, we are here for you. We're ready to help with whatever needs you may have, no matter what time of the day or night it may be. We want to make sure you stay comfortable all year long. Give us a call today at McQuerry’s 24-Hour Heating & Air by dialing (636) 225-0087.